Jane and Austen

 
Written by: Stephanie Fowers
 
Narrated by: Andrea Emmes
 
Length: 11 hrs and 13 mins
 
Unabridged Audiobook
 
Release Date:12-24-14
 
Publisher: Triad Media and Entertainment
 
Whispersync for Voice-ready
 
audible.com
 

Publishers Summary

Meet Jane and Austen. First there's Jane - an impractical, starry-eyed wedding planner; if love can't match what she's read in a book, she doesn't want it. And then there's Austen - a pragmatic, logical-to-a-fault financial consultant; even if he were interested in someone, he wouldn't know. The two have one thing in common: they can't leave each other alone. Jane believes that if Austen could just experience a fairy tale romance, he would secretly love it. And Austen's pretty sure that if one of Jane's beloved heroes escaped from the pages of her dog-eared novels, she'd run and hide. Both are about to be proven right. When the rivals are called on to help a friend plan the biggest wedding of the year, an entire resort full of colorful wedding guests descends upon them - many sharing uncanny similarities to characters in a Jane Austen novel. It doesn't take long before Jane gets everything she thinks she wants. After all, too much of a good thing can't be all that bad, right? But when Jane's life turns upside down, the only one she can turn to is Austen; though he's got his own troubles of the heart... and she's afraid that he's enjoying them more than he should.
 
©2014 Stephanie Fowers (P)2014 Stephanie Fowers.
 

My Review

Too much to soon! This story moves along so quickly that this listener was left wondering what on earth was happening! I couldn't keep up with it all, but then, it is a Young Adult story!
 
I couldn't maintain any interest in the characters, I found Janes' rather juvenile silliness to be very annoying and distracting rather than humorous, its here that I must admit, I also found Jane Ayre to be a bit silly, and that was many year ago!
 
In fact, although I did persevere to the end, I really didn't enjoy it at all, however, I do think I would have found the story and characters easier to follow and (possibly) enjoy had I read the book rather than listened to it.
 

Narrator

This was a huge undertaking and Andrea Emmes did a cracking good job, I don't know how she managed to keep a track of all the characters. I like how she doesn't overact, and in fact, she helped me stick with it. I love her voice, she understands timing, nuance and rythymn. OK, the British accents weren't quite perfect, but the sound quality is good, this is important to me, I wish more producers would pay attention to sound quality.
 
I would happily listen to more of Andreas work.
 
 
 
This audiobook was gifted to me in return for this, my honest opinion
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Audiobook and Book Reviews by Audiothing • THEME BY Maira Gall